Code of Conduct
Discipline, inside and outside the classroom, in personal and professional life, is an inextricable part of education. Discipline denotes an orderliness in life which results from our adherence to a certain code of conduct formulated by ancient sages. It also implies our respect for the physical and moral laws of our society, without which there will be chaos. The following guidelines go a long way in maintaining discipline in the campus.
1. Courteous behaviour, an essential ingredient of professional competence, is expected from all. Dishonesty, any obscene word or deed or any other act of misconduct will entail disciplinary action.
2. The working time of the college is from 8.30 am to 1.30 pm spaced in five periods. Attendance will be marked at the beginning of each period. Late-comers will not be given attendance.
3. Students are expected to abide by the dress code prescribed by the college. Boys are expected to wear black formal pants and white shirts and girls white kurtas, black pants and a black waistcoat.
4. Habitual negligence of college work, absence from internal examinations, non-submission of assignments in prescribed time and mode, frequent absence from classes etc., will be reported to the parents and if not corrected, may lead to termination from the course.
5. Mobile phones, with or without camera, are not allowed in the campus. Students bringing mobile phones must deposit the same in the locker provided at the entrance. If any student is found in possession of a mobile phone, it will be confiscated by the authorities. Emergency calls, if any, can be made from the College office.
6. Students are forbidden from attending or organizing any meeting in the college or in its premises or collecting money for any purpose without the permission of the authority.
7. Political activity in any form, under any banner is strictly prohibited in the campus.
8. Students must keep their identity cards with them and produce them when asked for. A student who enters the college building without his or her identity card will have to pay a fine.
9. Wilful damage to property and equipment will have to be compensated for. Pasting of posters and notices on walls or disfiguring the building and campus, in any form is forbidden.
10. Mar Gregorios College of Law takes pride in its clean and green campus. Stringent measures will be taken against those students who pollute or deface any part of the campus.
11.Students are not permitted to bring their four wheelers to the Mar Ivanios Vidyanagar Campus. Students are expected to drive their two wheelers at moderate speed through the Mar Ivanios Vidya Nagar Campus.
12. Students must maintain a sense of discipline and decorum in the college campus. They are expected to treat their teachers with respect.